POP CULTURE LEAGUE (AND 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN): HERE THERE BE MONSTERS!





IT's time for Cool and Collected's Pop Culture League challenge!

This week's topic is:

Here there be Monsters

‘Tis the Halloween season!
I would love to show off my monsters and other creepy figures, but that is planned for future posts, o what do I show? First off let us start with a story. I was unpopular and shy and so I began to express myself decorating. My dad and Mom had certain ways to do Christmas, but Halloween was eventually my baby. Then tragedy struck my life. My grandpa went into a coma around midnight on Christmas Day 1994, and then died 2 days later on my sister's birthday. My mom went into the hospital and stayed through my birthday in 1995 and then died a couple weeks later in August. The big holidays were ruined but not Halloween. I will say that recently on Halloween I sprained my knee  and was bed rest Halloween night, but other than that Halloween has been good. Knock on wood! So I latched on to it even more, now I go crazy! I even began decorating this year in August! So I am happy that it is Halloween season officially as I no longer look crazy (for decorating at least).

SO these images I planned to show on a later date, but I think this is the best time to show them! The Rat I bought last year and the frog I bought this year, both at Target, the backgrounds are "Scene Setters" and I got them at Party City last year, but Spirit sells them as well! The tombstone I believe I got at Wal-Mart a few years ago!
 This Frog is so cool and creepy. Unlike many of my other decorations, he will stay out year long and will be a scary addition to my frog display!
 The rat here is creepy. Like the frog, his jaw is hinged, but his tail is also bendy!
These monsters are definitely not something I want to see at night roaming, especially with my fear of zombies (more on that this month)!

Like my take on this topic? Then you should check out what my fellow leaguers came up with:


 I am celebrating Halloween in my "31 Days of Halloween!" all month long! A new post every day!

Comments

  1. I have got to get me one of those rat!I have plans on making a little saddle and having a skeleton ride it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target has them this year as well, I saw them on Monday. They are $6 though but are good quality and worth it!

      Delete
  2. that would be a rat-boy, or a rodentero...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The animal skeletons are becoming very popular. Very cool. I saw a full size skeletal horse at Home Depot this weekend. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love them! Target also has some others including a snake I want! I just couldn't afford anything else right now :( Also wow on a full size horse!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandpa and Dad, that's awful!

    I love the Crazy Bones skeletons! I'm a big fan of the non-sensical skelespiders especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You but it was my mom, not my dad. It was pretty hard and still dealing with the emotional scars to this day!

      The spiders are cool, but thus far my fav is either the frog or the snake (which I could not afford)

      Delete
  5. Sorry to know you had suck big loss on special days. My granny died on a random sunny saturday last april. The most I remember the store I stepped into before listening the ambulance and seeing my granpa calling it from our front door.

    BTW, I love the rat!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your granny :(

      Yeah the rat is pretty cool, though I love the frog more due to my love for frogs, it has more to offer with the bendy tail.

      Delete

Post a Comment